- What does Specter?
- Ok. What does that mean for me?
- How does Specter automate my documents?
- Who are your clients?
- Which legal documents does Specter offer?
- Do I have to be a legal expert to use Specter and generate transaction documents?
- Do I need a lawyer review of the documents I ordered?
- Can I use Specter as a non-Dutch deal maker?
- How do I get in touch with your partners?
- How do you safeguard the security of my information?
- How can I reach you?
- Which payment methods do you offer?
- Do you offer subscriptions?
- Can I make adjustments after ordering a document?
- Is the document ready for signing upon finalising the questionnaire?
What is Specter?
Specter makes deals easy with transaction document automation. As online portal to full service deal support in Corporate/M&A and Venture Capital transactions it is a true deal accelerator.
Ok. What does that mean for me?
.. that you create tailored transaction documents online, automated with the help of the most user friendly document creation tool of The Netherlands. Ready to use, fast and affordable. Specter's interactive questionnaires with distinct language enable you to easily create the transaction documentation you need. Web based and always safe at hand
.. access to integrated additional deal support at competitive pricing by Specter's excellent partners. We offer amongst others legal and notarial support, deal preparation services and W&I insurances
.. the possibility to automate your own templates with Specter, a partner that understands you. Automate and then simply create your own high quality documents fast and flawless. In close cooperation we automate your documents under strict confidentiality
How does Specter automate my documents?
Firstly, your documents will be made ready for development. Most (cost) efficient is if we do this for you. Secondly, we take care of developing your documents into automated templates.
Specter also develops user friendly questionnaires which form the basis for the document creation in your personal Specter area on our website.
Lastly, we upload the automated documents and the questionnaire to the system and make sure you and yours (e.g. colleagues or clients) can get to work in a secure personal online environment. The subscription you take out for this gives you unlimited use of your own automated documents.
Who are your clients?
Corporate market parties, for instance involved in transactions such as M&A and VC deals. As Specter offers a variety of ready to use documents through the creation tool and clients can have their own documents automated, Specter adds value to all parties involved in such transactions.
Attorneys and corporate finance advisors but also investors, in-house lawyers and do-it-yourself business owners are amongst the clients satisfactorily using Specter.
Which legal documents does Specter offer?
We are happy to already assist you with the documents you need for a Corporate/M&A or venture capital transaction. Use our search engine to find the relevant documents. Currently we offer a:
- Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) on the basis of which confidential information can be exchanged in the context of a business assets or share deal
- Legal due diligence preparation list to request the relevant information for legal due diligence and data room preparation
- Transaction term sheet to agree in a legally safe manner upon the main elements of the transaction
- Share purchase agreement to agree upon and document the sale and purchase of 100% of the shares in a Dutch company in a balanced manner
- Share purchase agreement (purchaser friendly) to agree upon and document the sale and purchase of 100% of the shares in a Dutch company from a purchaser perspective, with comprehensive legal protection
- Share purchase agreement (seller friendly) to agree upon and document the sale and purchase of 100% of the shares in a Dutch company from a seller perspective, with comprehensive legal protection
- Disclosure letter from seller in connection with the share purchase agreement
- Shareholder resolution and resignation letter to correctly document the change of managing and supervisory board directors
- Convertible loan agreement on the basis of which start and scale ups can be funded
We are working hard to expand our product range. If the deal type you have in mind is different from what we offer, please contact us so that we can further assist you.
Do I have to be a legal expert to use Specter and generate transaction documents?
No. Specter helps everyone involved in the Corporate/M&A and Venture Capital process to work more efficiently, consistent and error-free thereby increasing productivity and making deals easy.
Our interactive questionnaires with distinct language enable you to easily create the documents you need.
Do I need a lawyer review of the documents I ordered?
This is not necessary but we do recommend it so that you can check whether the documents fit in well with your unique situation.
All documents Specter offers are in accordance with Dutch law and are immediately ready for further use. If you need assistance of a lawyer in your transaction, we can introduce you to the attorneys we partner with. We will bring this to your attention after completing the questionnaire with which you generated your document.
Can I use Specter as a non-Dutch deal maker?
Sure! We understand you may not have in-depth knowledge of Dutch law and Specter enables you to easily generate Dutch law compliant transaction documents. We offer the questionnaires and transaction documents in English.
After completing a questionnaire you can have your document validated and your questions addressed by our partnerring attorneys.
How do I get in touch with your partners?
After completing a questionnaire you can indicate which services you wish to receive from our partners, all experts in their respective fields. You will subsequently be contacted by the partners. You can select assistance from attorneys, services from civil-law notaries, virtual dataroom services and insurance for transactions (W&I insurance).
How do you safeguard the security of my information?
Specter handles your personal information with care. This is further described in the privacy and cookies statement.
Specter also handles the information and data you provide during the generation of your transaction documents with care and Specter has a strict safety policy. We will without your consent not access such information and data. We will only share such information and data with third parties to the extent strictly necessary in connection with our services.
We understand that it is very important your information and data are stored in a safe place. Our technical partner has placed our hosting with managed hosting provider True. Both are reliable Dutch parties that are ISO 27001: 2013 certified.
How can I reach you?
For technical support call us in Amsterdam during office hours on +31 (0)85 0043 623.
For legal support click on the (?) icon next to the question for an explanation or contact us.
For other questions contact us or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which payment methods do you offer?
All payments to Specter are handled by our payment service provider Mollie. During the ordering process you have the option to choose a payment method. We offer payments via amongst others iDeal and credit card and per SEPA bank transfer. You will at all times receive an invoice by email.
In case you opt for a SEPA bank transfer (e.g. if payment is done by your financial department) you will receive per email an order confirmation from us and a payment request from Mollie. Upon payment you will receive the generated document.
Do you offer subscriptions?
Yes, we also offer subscriptions and bundles of different sizes at competitive pricing. This applies to the use of Specter documents as well as of your own documents automated by Specter.
One payment, unlimited use. Very efficient. Just contact us for your inquiries.
Can I make adjustments after ordering a document?
Absolutely, the document you order will be made available to you in PDF and Word on the Specter website and by email. Adjust the Word version as you are used to do.
If you wish, select 'validation by a specialised lawyer' after completing the questionnaire and you will be assured of excellent lawyer assistance at competitive rates.
Is the document ready for signing upon finalising the questionnaire?
Yes, if you fully answered all the questions in the questionnaire the document is ready for signing. Send the PDF that you receive from us to the other party if you want the document to be signed immediately. You will also receive a Word version which can be used to make adjustments at a later stage.